You wouldn't be out of line if you called the $500,000 Hill Prince Stakes for 3-year-olds at Belmont Park Oct. 4 the best grade III race of the year.
Belmont Derby (gr. IT) runner-up Adelaide charged down the center of the turf course at Arlington International Racecourse and edged away to a determined victory in the $500,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT).
Due Diligence, a son of hot sire War Front, looks dangerous in Belmont Park's Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT). The $200,000 contest Oct. 6 for 2-year-olds is a Breeders' Cup Challenge race for the Juvenile Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner