In charge most of the way for jockey Javier Castellano, odds-on choice Criticism scored an authoritative repeat victory in the $150,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) over a yielding turf course at cloudy Aqueduct in her final start for Darley Stable Nov. 1.
Mike de Kock, the internationally renowned trainer of Eagle Mountain, breaks new ground for the Breeders' Cup World Championships when he becomes the first South African to compete in the event. Eagle Mountain runs in the $3 million Emirates Airline Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Oct. 25.
Keeneland closed its 2007 spring season on Friday with record total wagering exceeding $158 million for the 15-day race meet held April 6 -27, but on-track attendance declined following a record-breaking season in 2006.
U. S. Senator Jim Bunning (R-Ky) will present the keynote speech when breeders of this year's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships race winners are honored at an annual dinner to be held Jan. 6, 2002, at the Thoroughbred Club of America in Lexington, Ky.
Sheikh Mohammed's homebred Silent Honor captured Tuesday's Cherry Hinton Stakes (Eng-II) by a short head over Lady High Havens. The win came a day after John Ferguson purchased five sons and daughters of Sunday Silence on behalf of Sheikh Mohammed at the Japan Racing Horse Association's select foal sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival