Two Breeders' Cup World Championships winners, two trainers from the iconic Head family, and a filly owned by Her Majesty The Queen were among the honorees Nov. 12 when the 23rd annual Cartier Racing Awards were presented.
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
Godolphin's undefeated European champion Dawn Approach will make his highly anticipated 2013 debut in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first classic of the European season May 4 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Contreras Suspended for Oxycodone Use
- Evans, Fitzgerald to Audition at Santa Anita
- Willis to Chair New Mexico Racing Commission
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- That Handicapping Show: The Barbara Fritchie
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame