It's not often that the connections of a one-horse consignment lead over a sale topper at public auction, but that's exactly what happened to Hoby and Layna Kight at Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale March 24.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year