Dual Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner Treve is on course for a third bid to win Europe's premier middle distance race after digging in to win the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) June 28.
Two-time Arc winner Treve made an eye-catching start to her 2015 season when unleashing her patented powerful finishing kick and drawing clear to win the Prix Corrida (Fr-II) May 29 at Saint-Cloud.
Four-time European group I winner Olympic Glory will join the stallion roster at Arrowfield Stud in Australia for this year's Southern Hemisphere season, making him the first shuttler for the Al Shaqab operation.
Star French filly Treve is to remain in training next year instead of retiring as earlier announced after she won the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for the second straight year Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
Baltic Baroness, a 22-1 longshot, handed Pomology her first defeat Sept. 14 in winning the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) by a short head at Longchamp. Defending Arc winner Treve was fourth as the even-money choice.
It's not often that the connections of a one-horse consignment lead over a sale topper at public auction, but that's exactly what happened to Hoby and Layna Kight at Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale March 24.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint