It's not often that the connections of a one-horse consignment lead over a sale topper at public auction, but that's exactly what happened to Hoby and Layna Kight at Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale March 24.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job