Baltic Baroness, a 22-1 longshot, handed Pomology her first defeat Sept. 14 in winning the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) by a short head at Longchamp. Defending Arc winner Treve was fourth as the even-money choice.
It's not often that the connections of a one-horse consignment lead over a sale topper at public auction, but that's exactly what happened to Hoby and Layna Kight at Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale March 24.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Velazquez to Ride Euro Charline in QEII
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement