Star French filly Treve is to remain in training next year instead of retiring as earlier announced after she won the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for the second straight year Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
Baltic Baroness, a 22-1 longshot, handed Pomology her first defeat Sept. 14 in winning the Prix Vermeille (Fr-I) by a short head at Longchamp. Defending Arc winner Treve was fourth as the even-money choice.
It's not often that the connections of a one-horse consignment lead over a sale topper at public auction, but that's exactly what happened to Hoby and Layna Kight at Fasig-Tipton's Florida sale March 24.
A colt by Irish-based Lawman brought the highest overall price at the Doncaster premier yearling sale, selling to Amanda Skiffington for 215,000 ($326,141 in United States funds) on the final day Aug. 28.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant