Sheikh Fahad Al Thani's French stayer Dunaden, winner of the 2011 Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) en route to champion stayer honors in Australia, will stand at Simon Sweeting's Overbury Stud in England next year.
For the second straight year, a colt by Deep Impact out of U.S. Horse of the Year Azeri was the star of the Japan Racing Horse Association's foal sale.
Offspring of two-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact sold for six of the top 10 highest prices at the yearling session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale July 14.
A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Shifting from Newmarket to Deauville, Coolmore and the Qatari royal family continue to spend for quality horses and helped drive a 22% rise in revenue on opening day of the Arqana October yearling sale Oct. 21
British raider Havana Gold fired off his first top-level win in the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) June 30 at Chantilly while French classic winner Style Vendome finished unplaced in the one-mile race for 3-year-olds.
Sky Lantern edged past previously unbeaten Just The Judge in the closing strides and won the QIPCO One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) by a half-length May 5 at Newmarket.
The yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale established a record for its median price of 20,500 guineas ($34,007 in U.S. funds) Nov. 21 in England. The figure increased 127.8% from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies