Any Breeders' Cup race on the dirt would seem to favor American runners over foreigners, and the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) perhaps stands atop that list.
A background in foreign pedigrees and careful study of previous weight assignments helped Anne Eberhardt Keogh choose Sheikh Albadou in the 1991 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Green Desert not only helped to establish the reputation of Danzig as a sire of sires but has founded a flourishing line of his own stallion sons in Europe.
Green Desert, sire of more than 90 stakes winners who is gaining a reputation as a top sire of sires, has been pensioned at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- 'Bart' Wins Australia's First GI of Season
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms