Any Breeders' Cup race on the dirt would seem to favor American runners over foreigners, and the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) perhaps stands atop that list.
A background in foreign pedigrees and careful study of previous weight assignments helped Anne Eberhardt Keogh choose Sheikh Albadou in the 1991 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Green Desert not only helped to establish the reputation of Danzig as a sire of sires but has founded a flourishing line of his own stallion sons in Europe.
Green Desert, sire of more than 90 stakes winners who is gaining a reputation as a top sire of sires, has been pensioned at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista