Any Breeders' Cup race on the dirt would seem to favor American runners over foreigners, and the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) perhaps stands atop that list.
A background in foreign pedigrees and careful study of previous weight assignments helped Anne Eberhardt Keogh choose Sheikh Albadou in the 1991 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Green Desert not only helped to establish the reputation of Danzig as a sire of sires but has founded a flourishing line of his own stallion sons in Europe.
Green Desert, sire of more than 90 stakes winners who is gaining a reputation as a top sire of sires, has been pensioned at age 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan