Former Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has appealed his eight-year worldwide ban for giving his racehorses anabolic steroids.
Stormalory, a 3-year-old colt, was euthanized after breaking down during the Crown Royal American Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 1.
The 88th running of the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) is a key match up between one of America's best 3-year-olds, Bernardini, and arguably Europe's best 3-year-old, Dylan Thomas.
Grade II winner Tizdubai, a 3-year-old full sister to Horse of the Year Tiznow, has been retired from racing.
- By Mark Popham
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket last night with a 21,157,000 guineas turnover for 738 sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile