Former Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni has appealed his eight-year worldwide ban for giving his racehorses anabolic steroids.
Stormalory, a 3-year-old colt, was euthanized after breaking down during the Crown Royal American Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 1.
The 88th running of the $750,000 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) is a key match up between one of America's best 3-year-olds, Bernardini, and arguably Europe's best 3-year-old, Dylan Thomas.
Grade II winner Tizdubai, a 3-year-old full sister to Horse of the Year Tiznow, has been retired from racing.
- By Mark Popham
A record-breaking largest ever Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded in Newmarket last night with a 21,157,000 guineas turnover for 738 sold, up 23% on the amount yielded by 585 sold a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite