Odds-on favorite Criticism notched her fourth graded stakes victory in a little more than six months, taking a short field of fillies and mares wire-to-wire in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Stakes (gr. IIT) May 23 on the Belmont Park turf.
Robert Scarborough's Mauralakana continued her outstanding season May 24 at Belmont Park when she burst to the lead in upper stretch in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) and pulled away for a convincing three-length victory on the inner turf.
Todd Pletcher seeks his unprecedented third consecutive victory in the $150,000 Sheepshead Bay Handicap (gr. IIT) May 24 at Belmont Park, and despite the loss of his top contender, the nation's leading trainer still has a pair of chances to make it happen.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby