She Says It Best, winner of the 2005 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), has been sold privately after being retired from competition following an injury.
She Says It Best, winner of the 2005 Grade Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), is a late entry for Fasig-Tipton's Kentucky winter mixed Sale in Lexington on Feb. 12 and 13.
She Says It Best, who won last year's Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Keeneland, has been retired from racing after suffering a slab fracture of her left knee.
Stevestan Stable's favored French Park remained undefeated in three starts with a well-timed victory over She Says It Best in the $222,200 Golden Rod (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Beau Dare, who has flashed great promise on the turf and the new polytrack surface, takes on graded stakes winners French Park and She Says It Best in the $200,000-added Golden Rod Stakes (GII) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
While the works for Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships were a washout at Belmont Park Tuesday, four horses breezed in Kentucky before shipping to New York.
She Says It Best took the early lead and never looked back en route to a 2 1/2-length upset in the Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), the opening-day feature at Keeneland on Friday.
Southern California shipper Dream of Summer pulled away at the eighth pole to dominate her seven opponents in the $150,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at rainy Ellis Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment