After a disappointing fourth-place finish in his seasonal debut, Canada's 2002 Horse of the Year Wake At Noon came alive in Saturday's $164,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) with a 3 1/4-length win.
Early Wisdom's 33-1 shocker left trainer Barb Pirie breathless.
Plate Trial. When you ask trainer John Ross how he'd like Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek to perform in Saturday's $164,700 Col. R.S. McLaughlin Handicap (gr. III) at Woodbine, that's the first answer that comes to mind.
Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek, winner of the Queenston and Plate Trial Stakes in his last two starts, has been installed the 3-1 favorite for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, despite drawing the outside post in the 14-horse field.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who has saddled seven Queen's Plate winners, is planning to send Twice Bid to the post for the 1 1/4-mile race on June 23.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal