After a disappointing fourth-place finish in his seasonal debut, Canada's 2002 Horse of the Year Wake At Noon came alive in Saturday's $164,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) with a 3 1/4-length win.
Early Wisdom's 33-1 shocker left trainer Barb Pirie breathless.
Plate Trial. When you ask trainer John Ross how he'd like Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek to perform in Saturday's $164,700 Col. R.S. McLaughlin Handicap (gr. III) at Woodbine, that's the first answer that comes to mind.
Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek, winner of the Queenston and Plate Trial Stakes in his last two starts, has been installed the 3-1 favorite for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, despite drawing the outside post in the 14-horse field.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who has saddled seven Queen's Plate winners, is planning to send Twice Bid to the post for the 1 1/4-mile race on June 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Churchill Downs, Cancer Institute Announce Partnership
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale