After a disappointing fourth-place finish in his seasonal debut, Canada's 2002 Horse of the Year Wake At Noon came alive in Saturday's $164,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) with a 3 1/4-length win.
Early Wisdom's 33-1 shocker left trainer Barb Pirie breathless.
Plate Trial. When you ask trainer John Ross how he'd like Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek to perform in Saturday's $164,700 Col. R.S. McLaughlin Handicap (gr. III) at Woodbine, that's the first answer that comes to mind.
Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek, winner of the Queenston and Plate Trial Stakes in his last two starts, has been installed the 3-1 favorite for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, despite drawing the outside post in the 14-horse field.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who has saddled seven Queen's Plate winners, is planning to send Twice Bid to the post for the 1 1/4-mile race on June 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite