After a disappointing fourth-place finish in his seasonal debut, Canada's 2002 Horse of the Year Wake At Noon came alive in Saturday's $164,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) with a 3 1/4-length win.
Early Wisdom's 33-1 shocker left trainer Barb Pirie breathless.
Plate Trial. When you ask trainer John Ross how he'd like Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek to perform in Saturday's $164,700 Col. R.S. McLaughlin Handicap (gr. III) at Woodbine, that's the first answer that comes to mind.
Jam Jar Racing Stable's Shaws Creek, winner of the Queenston and Plate Trial Stakes in his last two starts, has been installed the 3-1 favorite for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, despite drawing the outside post in the 14-horse field.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who has saddled seven Queen's Plate winners, is planning to send Twice Bid to the post for the 1 1/4-mile race on June 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act