Liberian Freighter dictated the pace and once again proved too tough to pass in the lane, posting a half-length win in the $98,000 Inglewood Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Easter Day feature over the Hollywood Park turf April 24.
Liberian Freighter made everyone wait, but once he got out of the starting gate he never looked back, leading all the way to win the $150,000 Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Santa Anita April 9.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale, 58, supervised the stable Wednesday after becoming a father for the first time Monday.
Owner Anthony Speelman, a London art dealer, and bloodstock agent Shawn Dugan, wife of trainer Neil Drysdale, have enjoyed more than their share of success together.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move