Joseph Allen's overlooked Randaroo won her third straight graded stakes race since Kiaran McLaughlin assumed conditioning duties, taking the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Friday.
Edward P. Evans' 5-year-old mare Gold Mover, who defeated Eclipse champion favorite Xtra Heat by a half-length in the Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. II) at Summit of Speed at Calder Race Course last year, returns Saturday to defend her title.
Flatbird Stable's Shawklit Mint surprised her two opponents in Sunday's $136,500 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. III) at muddy Belmont Park with a front-running 1 3/4-length victory, the 4-year-old filly's fourth straight win this year.
Flatbird Stable's Shawklit Mint found herself with the right pace scenario on her favorite track and managed to score her first stakes victory in the Broadway Handicap Saturday afternoon at Aqueduct.
Bruce Garafolo's A.P. Andie, unraced since November, shot through a hole near the rail and overtook favored Shawklit Mint to win Saturday's six-furlong Correction Handicap for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
William P. Beatson Jr.'s front-running favorite Wilzada repulsed a mild challenge from Blinded By Love and drew off in the lane to win Aqueduct's $81,850 Interborough Handicap by five lengths.
Eleven months after William Beatson Jr.'s Wilzada debuted impressively in an Aqueduct maiden special weight, the daughter of Meadowlake returns as the horse to beat in Wednesday's $75,000-added Interborough.
Two-time stakes winner For Rubies is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets