WinStar Farm's Bodemeister, a grade I-winning millionaire by Empire Maker, recently sired three bay fillies as his first reported foals to arrive from his introductory crop at stud.
My Happy Face, runner-up in the 2012 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) and winner of that year's Tempted Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, is off the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) trail with a virus contracted at Gulfstream Park.
In a juvenile filly stakes worthy of Breeders' Cup weekend, My Happy Face nipped Cue the Moon by a neck in the $142,500 Tempted (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 4.
Avalon Rose, a 2-year old filly from the first crop by grade I winner Into Mischief, became her sire's first winner when she rolled to an 8 1/2-length victory in a maiden special weight race at River Downs July 5.
Don Blowe never guessed that Halo Silver, who quickly proved she was a valuable producer, would be fighting for her life. But thanks to the generosity of a Kentucky veterinarian, who donated his services to help the daughter of Silver Buck, her story will hopefully have a happy ending.
Racing and/or stallion prospect Legal Move highlighted the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 15, selling for $245,000 on a rare positive day in which total sales were up from last year's comparable session.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet