Breeders' Cup winner Silver Train has come through with a pair of 2-year-old winners from his first crop of foals.
The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Bandini is a filly foaled Jan. 18 at David and Diane Shashura's Wynnmere Farm near Paris, Ky.
The first foal sired by grade II stakes-placed Werblin is a filly born Jan. 27 at Thomas Reigle's Regal Heir Farm near Grantville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test