Breeders' Cup winner Silver Train has come through with a pair of 2-year-old winners from his first crop of foals.
The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The first reported foal sired by grade I winner Bandini is a filly foaled Jan. 18 at David and Diane Shashura's Wynnmere Farm near Paris, Ky.
The first foal sired by grade II stakes-placed Werblin is a filly born Jan. 27 at Thomas Reigle's Regal Heir Farm near Grantville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course