Grade I winner Buzzards Bay heads the line-up for the $150,000 All American Stakes (gr. III) Nov. 17, Golden Gate Field's first graded stakes event on its new Tapeta Footings main track.
The Tin Man, the remarkable 8-year-old winner of last month's Arlington Million (gr. IT) heads into Saturday's $250,000 Clement L. Hirsch Turf Championship at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meeting as a likely short-priced favorite.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Moss' heavily favored Spellbinder dug in for the final strides to hold off the surging Sharp Writer and win the $150,000 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) in gate-to-wire fashion at Golden Gate Fields Monday.
California Breeders' Championship Stakes winner Uncle Denny is the morning line choice in a contentious field of ten 3-year-olds included for the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Bay Meadows Saturday.
Texcess, the winner of the $1 million Delta Jackpot at Delta Downs in Louisiana last month, heads a field of five for the $100,000 Golden Gate Derby at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired