Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant