Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment