Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier