Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale