Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks