Dixieland Band, sire of 115 stakes winners and the earners of $73 million, has been pensioned from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Dixieland Brass, a Kentucky-bred son of Dixieland Band, was euthanized earlier this year at R.J. and Lois Bennett's Flying Horse Farm near Westbank, British Columbia, Canada, because of a liver malfunction.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- Tamarando Tries Turf in Snow Chief Stakes
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Breeders' Cup Challenge Series Expands
- 40-Day Santa Anita Spring Meet Starts Friday
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Targeted