MAHUBAH'S CORNER Hope springs eternal in the Thoroughbred world. Just consider octogenarian Harry Aleo, whose brilliant Lost in the Fog tragically succumbed to cancer last year. This year, his Smokey Stover developed into a contender in the sprint division but struggled with the off going and a less than ideal trip in the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), finishing ninth of 10. Smokey Stover will be back next year, however, and is half of a twosome that could make the spring an exciting time for Aleo. High Resolve is the other runner generating high hopes.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Pour Moi Colt Tops Yearling Action at Arqana
- Keeneland-Based Horses are BC Bound
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Dimension Looking to Improve in Turf Sprint
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Complete Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries
- Departing Heads Hagyard Fayette Field