In separate incidents, two horses fell during the running of the second race at Monmouth Park Aug. 3. One jockey was injured, and a horse was euthanized.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016