In separate incidents, two horses fell during the running of the second race at Monmouth Park Aug. 3. One jockey was injured, and a horse was euthanized.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance