In separate incidents, two horses fell during the running of the second race at Monmouth Park Aug. 3. One jockey was injured, and a horse was euthanized.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Jockey Luis Chavez was found to have a broken collarbone following Wednedsay's three-horse spill at Belmont Park. As for apprentice jockey Shannon Uske, X-rays were negative but she is likely to miss between three and five days.
Sixteen-year-old apprentice rider Shannon Uske won the tenth race at Calder Race Course Thursday on her first career mount, Lilah, for trainer Allen Jerkens and owner Hobeau Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- West Point to Sponsor BC Betting Challenge