Endorsement, on the Triple Crown trail for WinStar Farm in 2010, continued his comeback from injury with a sparkling win in an allowance optional claiming event at Gulfstream Park Feb. 1.
WinStar Farm's colt has a non-displaced right-front condylar fracture and will not be entered later today in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
D. Wayne Lukas took the opportunity to take a couple of good-natured jabs at his friend Bob Baffert, who was an unexpected no-show at the annual dinner April 27 in Louisville
With WinStar Farm's management team on hand, Illinois Derby (gr. II) winner American Lion tuned up for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a workout April 20 over the Polytrack at Keeneland.
WinStar Farm's Endorsement completed the Keeneland segment of his preparations for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) April 17 by working five furlongs in company in 1:01.60 with trainer Shannon Ritter up.
Facing winners for the first time, WinStar Farm's Endorsement shipped to Sunland Park and Casino from Louisiana and handed Triple Crown contender Conveyance his first defeat in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 28.
The 94-day 2005 Arlington Park race meet concluded with a 0.8% increase in total handle and a 0.5% rise in average daily attendance over the track's 96-day meet in 2004. On track average daily handle decreased by 0.8% while total attendance slipped by 1.6% with two less days compared to a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker