Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
The Sept. 27 race card at Hazel Park Raceway near Detroit, Mich., features six stakes worth $50,000 each for horses eligible for the Michigan Sires Stakes program.
Veteran jockey T.D. Houghton registered the 5,000th win of his career May 4 when he guided 3-5 favorite Mambo Galliano, owned by Shane Spiess, to a 6 1/2-length victory in a $4,000 claiming race at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes