Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
The Sept. 27 race card at Hazel Park Raceway near Detroit, Mich., features six stakes worth $50,000 each for horses eligible for the Michigan Sires Stakes program.
Veteran jockey T.D. Houghton registered the 5,000th win of his career May 4 when he guided 3-5 favorite Mambo Galliano, owned by Shane Spiess, to a 6 1/2-length victory in a $4,000 claiming race at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- BH 100: Shooting Star