Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
The Sept. 27 race card at Hazel Park Raceway near Detroit, Mich., features six stakes worth $50,000 each for horses eligible for the Michigan Sires Stakes program.
Veteran jockey T.D. Houghton registered the 5,000th win of his career May 4 when he guided 3-5 favorite Mambo Galliano, owned by Shane Spiess, to a 6 1/2-length victory in a $4,000 claiming race at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16