Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
The Sept. 27 race card at Hazel Park Raceway near Detroit, Mich., features six stakes worth $50,000 each for horses eligible for the Michigan Sires Stakes program.
Veteran jockey T.D. Houghton registered the 5,000th win of his career May 4 when he guided 3-5 favorite Mambo Galliano, owned by Shane Spiess, to a 6 1/2-length victory in a $4,000 claiming race at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth