Four men were fined and suspended by stewards at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in connection with a Nov. 4 race in which the wrong horse not only ran, but won, and paid $222.40.
The Sept. 27 race card at Hazel Park Raceway near Detroit, Mich., features six stakes worth $50,000 each for horses eligible for the Michigan Sires Stakes program.
Veteran jockey T.D. Houghton registered the 5,000th win of his career May 4 when he guided 3-5 favorite Mambo Galliano, owned by Shane Spiess, to a 6 1/2-length victory in a $4,000 claiming race at Thistledown.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II