Zeki tied the Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino record for most wins in a Thoroughbred meet when he wired the field in the $95,200 Ralph Hayes Stakes Aug. 2.
Our Double Play will try to extend his win streak to three races when the Grand Slam colt faces six other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 29 at Prairie Meadows.
Arlington Park horsemen and their families and fans came together Sept. 9 to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Donations collected will be put into the R. T. C. A. Illinois Horsemen's Relief Fund.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arcus, ridden Shane Laviolette, surprised favored Walk This Way with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $75,000 Crescent City Derby for 3-year-old Lousiana breds at Fair Grounds.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Tic N Tin, winner of the $84,450 White Oak Handicap earlier in the meet, earned his second significant score of the Arlington season when he went gate-to-wire in the $50,000 Zen Handicap Sunday at Arlington Park.
TCA gives $20,000 to KTOB emergency fund...Jockey Shane Laviolette a winner on Father's Day at Arlington.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Virginia Aims to Move Graded Stakes to Laurel
- Highlander Features Battle of The Sexes
- Churchill Donates to Charities, University
- Golden Horn Tackles Older Horses at Sandown
- Warriorscmoutoplay Rolls Into Azalea
- Work All Week, Alsvid Meet Again in Smile