Our Double Play will try to extend his win streak to three races when the Grand Slam colt faces six other 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 29 at Prairie Meadows.
Arlington Park horsemen and their families and fans came together Sept. 9 to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Donations collected will be put into the R. T. C. A. Illinois Horsemen's Relief Fund.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arcus, ridden Shane Laviolette, surprised favored Walk This Way with a gate-to-wire victory in Saturday's $75,000 Crescent City Derby for 3-year-old Lousiana breds at Fair Grounds.
Woodbridge Farm's Moonlight Sonata posted the biggest upset in the history of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies when the daughter of Carson City rallied wide in the stretch to earn a 1 3/4-length victory at odds of more than 60-1.
Tic N Tin, winner of the $84,450 White Oak Handicap earlier in the meet, earned his second significant score of the Arlington season when he went gate-to-wire in the $50,000 Zen Handicap Sunday at Arlington Park.
TCA gives $20,000 to KTOB emergency fund...Jockey Shane Laviolette a winner on Father's Day at Arlington.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta