An undisclosed agreement between Louisiana racetracks and the Jockeys' Guild caused the latter organization to take a neutral stand on a bill in the Louisiana Senate limiting the ability of riders to raise frivolous lawsuits.
The Jockeys' Guild has issued a statement that former Guild president Wayne Gertmenian issued checks totaling $217,000 to himself, his Matrix Capital Associates, and former Guild vice president Albert Fiss.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Barretts Sets 2015 Auction Schedule
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates