Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro was recognized as one of Australia's greatest racehorses with his induction into the nation's Racing Hall of Fame during ceremonies March 9 in Canberra.
Jockey Victor Espinoza will represent the United States in the 2004 Cathay Pacific International Jockey Challenge Dec. 8 at Happy Valley. The event is a prelude to the Dec. 12 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Shi Tin.
Olivier Peslier won the inaugural Hong Kong International Jockeys' Championship in 1998. Dettori won it in 1999. Germany's premier rider, Andrasch Starke, won it last year. All three riders have returned to compete again when the competition is renewed at Happy Valley on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate