Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro was recognized as one of Australia's greatest racehorses with his induction into the nation's Racing Hall of Fame during ceremonies March 9 in Canberra.
Jockey Victor Espinoza will represent the United States in the 2004 Cathay Pacific International Jockey Challenge Dec. 8 at Happy Valley. The event is a prelude to the Dec. 12 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Shi Tin.
Olivier Peslier won the inaugural Hong Kong International Jockeys' Championship in 1998. Dettori won it in 1999. Germany's premier rider, Andrasch Starke, won it last year. All three riders have returned to compete again when the competition is renewed at Happy Valley on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Gross, Average Decline at Keeneland Sale
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- After the Wire: Pennsylvania Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby