Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro was recognized as one of Australia's greatest racehorses with his induction into the nation's Racing Hall of Fame during ceremonies March 9 in Canberra.
Jockey Victor Espinoza will represent the United States in the 2004 Cathay Pacific International Jockey Challenge Dec. 8 at Happy Valley. The event is a prelude to the Dec. 12 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Shi Tin.
Olivier Peslier won the inaugural Hong Kong International Jockeys' Championship in 1998. Dettori won it in 1999. Germany's premier rider, Andrasch Starke, won it last year. All three riders have returned to compete again when the competition is renewed at Happy Valley on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million