Darley's Central Kentucky shuttler Lonhro was recognized as one of Australia's greatest racehorses with his induction into the nation's Racing Hall of Fame during ceremonies March 9 in Canberra.
Jockey Victor Espinoza will represent the United States in the 2004 Cathay Pacific International Jockey Challenge Dec. 8 at Happy Valley. The event is a prelude to the Dec. 12 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Shi Tin.
Olivier Peslier won the inaugural Hong Kong International Jockeys' Championship in 1998. Dettori won it in 1999. Germany's premier rider, Andrasch Starke, won it last year. All three riders have returned to compete again when the competition is renewed at Happy Valley on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training