BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
El Oficial, a sturdy, muscle-bound colt with a lot of bone and a gleaming bay colt, sold for $1.4 million Tuesday to top the Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau