BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
El Oficial, a sturdy, muscle-bound colt with a lot of bone and a gleaming bay colt, sold for $1.4 million Tuesday to top the Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos