BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
El Oficial, a sturdy, muscle-bound colt with a lot of bone and a gleaming bay colt, sold for $1.4 million Tuesday to top the Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Derby Contender Tapiture Breezes at Churchill
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy