BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
El Oficial, a sturdy, muscle-bound colt with a lot of bone and a gleaming bay colt, sold for $1.4 million Tuesday to top the Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Most Popular Stories
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- Anti-Mullerian Hormone Helps Assess Aging Mares' Fertility
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen