BC3 Thoroughbreds, the yearling-to-juvenile pinhooking venture that is best known for selling grade I winner Brother Derek, has broadened its horizons. Started by Utah horsemen John Brocklebank and Shane Chipman, BC3 has an ambitious plan to buy and resell young horses in this country, Australia, and Asia.
El Oficial, a sturdy, muscle-bound colt with a lot of bone and a gleaming bay colt, sold for $1.4 million Tuesday to top the Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Lord Carson filly blazed an eighth of a mile in 9.7 seconds Monday at Fairplex Park in preparation for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time is believed to be a North American record, and possibly a world record, for a juvenile auction work.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications