Maryland-based stallion Admiral Alex picked up his first winner Aug. 14 when his first starter Captain Alex scored a clear victory in his debut, a 5 1/2-furlong maiden-claiming race at Laurel Park.
Rooney family farm in Maryland has long history. Download Now
Consumer Credit, a winner of three straight on the turf -- including a pair of stakes at Gulfstream -- heads a full cast for the $200,000 Florida Oaks (gr. IIIT) March 7 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Nicanor, a stakes-placed full brother to Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Barbaro, will enter stud at Shamrock Farm near Woodbine, Md.
Citing an "effort to rationalize costs in these difficult economic times while continuing to serve Maryland and mid-Atlantic breeders with high quality stallions", the Maryland Stallion Station announced Dec. 24 it will partner with Bonita Farm and Shamrock Farms for future operations.
Bowman's Band's first foal is a chestnut filly out of the Thirty Eight Paces mare Mrs. Bellerby foaled at Shamrock Farm in Maryland and owned by farm manager Jim Steele. The filly was born on Jan. 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start