Scrofa, in her fourth start since being claimed for $62,500, posted a convincing victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap for California-bred fillies and mares at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Jockey Jason Lumpkins suffered a fractured left collarbone and a mild concussion when his mount Crozet fell during the running of the $51,875 Star Ball Stakes for fillies and mares Sunday at Golden Gate Fields.
Chilean-bred Voz de Colegiala, flying the famous green silks of owner Nelson Bunker Hunt, prevailed in a blanket finish under leading rider Tyler Baze to win the $80,150 Osunitas Handicap for older fillies and mares Wednesday at Del Mar.
A total of 103 horses are entered for Saturday's California Cup XIV, the 10-race, $1.325 million showcase for California breds at Oak Tree at Santa Anita.
Golden Eagle Farm stallions sired three of Saturday's 10 California Gold Rush winners at Hollywood Park, including Chief Planner, who captured the featured $250,000 Snow Chief for 3-year-olds.
Two Harris Frams' standouts, Unlimited Value and Super High, were among the many winners during the 13th California Cup Day series of races at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner