A colt by Darley sire Teofilo sold for 110,000 guineas (US$179,418), the overall highest price at the Tattersalls Guineas breeze-up and horses in training sale May 3 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Eighteen-year-old Shahrastani, who defeated Dancing Brave in the 1986 Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and followed up with a triumph in the Irish Derby (Ire-I), is scheduled to arrive for stallion duty next week at Wayne Hutchinson's Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'