A colt by Darley sire Teofilo sold for 110,000 guineas (US$179,418), the overall highest price at the Tattersalls Guineas breeze-up and horses in training sale May 3 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Eighteen-year-old Shahrastani, who defeated Dancing Brave in the 1986 Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and followed up with a triumph in the Irish Derby (Ire-I), is scheduled to arrive for stallion duty next week at Wayne Hutchinson's Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win