A colt by Darley sire Teofilo sold for 110,000 guineas (US$179,418), the overall highest price at the Tattersalls Guineas breeze-up and horses in training sale May 3 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Eighteen-year-old Shahrastani, who defeated Dancing Brave in the 1986 Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and followed up with a triumph in the Irish Derby (Ire-I), is scheduled to arrive for stallion duty next week at Wayne Hutchinson's Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita