A colt by Darley sire Teofilo sold for 110,000 guineas (US$179,418), the overall highest price at the Tattersalls Guineas breeze-up and horses in training sale May 3 at Park Paddocks in Newmarket.
Shahrastani, who beat Dancing Brave in the 1986 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and then took the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), was euthanized Dec. 6 because of complications from old age.
Shahrastani, who won the 1986 Ever Ready Derby Stakes (Eng-I) and the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I), has been pensioned from stallion duty at Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Eighteen-year-old Shahrastani, who defeated Dancing Brave in the 1986 Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and followed up with a triumph in the Irish Derby (Ire-I), is scheduled to arrive for stallion duty next week at Wayne Hutchinson's Walton Fields Stud near Leicestershire, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety