Crown of Thorns was represented by his first winner Aug. 8 when I'malreadythere won the seventh race at Gulfstream Park.
For every big-name contender expected to arrive at the Breeders' Cup World Championships every season, there are several whose connections agonize over the decision to send them there.
Locally-based Louies Flower, overlooked at odds of 23-1, captured the $250,000 Remington Springboard Mile to earn his third consecutive win at Remington Park Dec. 15.
The chestnut juvenile, which posted the fastest three-furlong work of :32 4/5, brings $150,000 during the spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
A filly by Jump Start was purchased R.E. Wilson, agent for Thomasina Caporella, for $190,000 to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. winter mixed auction kept pace with last year's average price Monday during its opening session in Central Florida while selling a horse that was more expensive than last year's sale topper.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss