Locally-based Louies Flower, overlooked at odds of 23-1, captured the $250,000 Remington Springboard Mile to earn his third consecutive win at Remington Park Dec. 15.
The chestnut juvenile, which posted the fastest three-furlong work of :32 4/5, brings $150,000 during the spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Cuvee filly turned in the fastest work ever at an eighth of a mile for an OBS sale.
A filly by Jump Start was purchased R.E. Wilson, agent for Thomasina Caporella, for $190,000 to top the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. winter mixed auction kept pace with last year's average price Monday during its opening session in Central Florida while selling a horse that was more expensive than last year's sale topper.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen
- Tony Ryan Book Award Semi-Finalists Announced
- Illinois Leaders Launch New Incentive Program