Midwest Thoroughbreds is hoping its two stable stars punch their tickets to the Breeders' Cup in races at Keeneland during its opening weekend.
Evan recaps the Shadwell Mile winner Wise Dan, the Darley Alcibiades, Foxwood Champagne Stakes, Vosburg, and Santa Anita Sprint Championship. Evan also predicts who will show up at the Breeders' Cup from the weekend performances.
Trainer Paul McGee sent 3rd Turn Stable's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) hopeful Honor in War out for a leg-stretcher on a misty Thursday morning at Keeneland.
Charles E. Fipke's Canadian-based Perfect Soul returned to Keeneland Saturday and showed his affinity for the course, winning the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) by three-quarters of a length over Honor in War, with Touch of the Blues third.
Two contenders for Saturday's Shadwell Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland worked over the grass at the Lexington, Ky. track Monday morning.
Medaglia d'Oro breezes...No BC for Funny Cide...Balto Star slated to start at Keeneland.
Shadwell Stable's Altibr rallied in deep stretch to win the $451,200 Shadwell Keeneland Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) Saturday, breaking the stakes record and equaling the Keeneland record for a mile on turf in the process. Over firm turf, Altibr completed the mile in 1:33.72. In October 1995, Very Special Lite completed a mile on turf at Keeneland in 1:33 3/5 while winning the Bryan Station Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win