Trainer Paul McGee sent 3rd Turn Stable's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) hopeful Honor in War out for a leg-stretcher on a misty Thursday morning at Keeneland.
Charles E. Fipke's Canadian-based Perfect Soul returned to Keeneland Saturday and showed his affinity for the course, winning the $600,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT) by three-quarters of a length over Honor in War, with Touch of the Blues third.
Two contenders for Saturday's Shadwell Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland worked over the grass at the Lexington, Ky. track Monday morning.
Medaglia d'Oro breezes...No BC for Funny Cide...Balto Star slated to start at Keeneland.
Shadwell Stable's Altibr rallied in deep stretch to win the $451,200 Shadwell Keeneland Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IIT) Saturday, breaking the stakes record and equaling the Keeneland record for a mile on turf in the process. Over firm turf, Altibr completed the mile in 1:33.72. In October 1995, Very Special Lite completed a mile on turf at Keeneland in 1:33 3/5 while winning the Bryan Station Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards