Five Sea The Stars progeny are among the eight most expensive weanlings sold to date. The eight Sea The Stars weanlings sold Nov. 25 averaged US$380,050.
The Tattersalls July mixed sale ended in England with a gross that was up 5.2% from a year ago. But the average price fell 3% while the median price declined 7.7%.
The Tattersalls December foal sale finished with a flourish on the fourth and final day Nov. 28 in England. Ten weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($172,951 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and the gross for the entire auction grew to more than 20,000,000 guineas ($34,590,150).
Two weanlings from the first crop of the stallion Teofilo were the most expensive horses sold on the second day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. A colt brought 165,000 guineas, and a filly attracted a final bid of 150,000 guineas.
Tattersalls has cataloged 222 lots for its February mixed sale, which will be held Feb. 5 in England. The catalog can be viewed online at www.tattersalls.com.
- By Mark Popham
Tattersalls' October yearling sale continued its strength in Book Two, with gains in totals, average, and median.
There can have been few days as momentous for Irish consignor Michael Downey, whose only two colts, by Captain Rio and Invincible Spirt, realized 300,000 guineas each the share a price record for Part 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Part 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale got off to a strong start Tuesday in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North