Five Sea The Stars progeny are among the eight most expensive weanlings sold to date. The eight Sea The Stars weanlings sold Nov. 25 averaged US$380,050.
The Tattersalls July mixed sale ended in England with a gross that was up 5.2% from a year ago. But the average price fell 3% while the median price declined 7.7%.
The Tattersalls December foal sale finished with a flourish on the fourth and final day Nov. 28 in England. Ten weanlings sold for 100,000 guineas ($172,951 in U.S. funds) or more apiece, and the gross for the entire auction grew to more than 20,000,000 guineas ($34,590,150).
Two weanlings from the first crop of the stallion Teofilo were the most expensive horses sold on the second day of the Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. A colt brought 165,000 guineas, and a filly attracted a final bid of 150,000 guineas.
Tattersalls has cataloged 222 lots for its February mixed sale, which will be held Feb. 5 in England. The catalog can be viewed online at www.tattersalls.com.
- By Mark Popham
Tattersalls' October yearling sale continued its strength in Book Two, with gains in totals, average, and median.
There can have been few days as momentous for Irish consignor Michael Downey, whose only two colts, by Captain Rio and Invincible Spirt, realized 300,000 guineas each the share a price record for Part 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England.
Part 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale got off to a strong start Tuesday in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail