A War Front colt produced from the two-time grade I-winning A.P. Indy mare Love and Pride became the second seven-figure yearling Sept. 13 at the Keeneland September yearling sale when purchased by Shadwell Estate Co. for $1.3 million.
Mandy Pope collected another high-class filly Sept. 11 at the Keeneland yearling sale, scooping the $2.2 million session-topper and sale leader, a half sister to grade I winners Will Take Charge and Take Charge Indy.
English-bred Qaraaba displayed a powerful turn of foot when closing from last to capture the Dec. 30 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
A bay filly by Tiznow from a solid grass family brought $500,000 during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale and became the third horse of the day to bring that amount or more Sept. 11.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale opened strongly in England, posting increases from a year ago of 39.1% in gross, 27.1% in average price, and 24% in median price.
A Galileo colt brought 1.4 million euros ($1.88 million) Aug. 17 during the first day of Arqana's Deauville Sale, the initial European yearling auction of the year.
Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Estate Company announced the repatriation of 15-year-old stallion Elmaamul to England
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes
- Pletcher Contenders Breeze for Pegasus
- First Foal for Silver Max a Filly