A War Front colt produced from the two-time grade I-winning A.P. Indy mare Love and Pride became the second seven-figure yearling Sept. 13 at the Keeneland September yearling sale when purchased by Shadwell Estate Co. for $1.3 million.
Mandy Pope collected another high-class filly Sept. 11 at the Keeneland yearling sale, scooping the $2.2 million session-topper and sale leader, a half sister to grade I winners Will Take Charge and Take Charge Indy.
English-bred Qaraaba displayed a powerful turn of foot when closing from last to capture the Dec. 30 Robert J. Frankel Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
A bay filly by Tiznow from a solid grass family brought $500,000 during the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale and became the third horse of the day to bring that amount or more Sept. 11.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale opened strongly in England, posting increases from a year ago of 39.1% in gross, 27.1% in average price, and 24% in median price.
A Galileo colt brought 1.4 million euros ($1.88 million) Aug. 17 during the first day of Arqana's Deauville Sale, the initial European yearling auction of the year.
Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Estate Company announced the repatriation of 15-year-old stallion Elmaamul to England
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees