Fort Larned, left alone on an easy pace, turned back heavy favorite Successful Dan in the lane to post an easy three-length triumph in the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III) in Iowa June 30.
Highly regarded Successful Dan, winner of the Alysheba Stakes (gr. II) this spring, is 6-5 on the morning line for the $300,000 Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows on the night of June 30.
Jockey Calvin Borel successfully completed his Remington Park mission on the night of Aug. 21, guiding 3-10 choice Atta Boy Roy to a front-running 5 1/2-length win in the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup.
Second in last year's Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) at Prairie Meadows, Shadowbdancing was not to be denied in this year's $300,000 renewal, scoring the biggest win of his career by one length June 26.
The steady veteran Jonesboro angled off the rail for the drive, wore down pacesetting Shadowbdancing in deep stretch to win the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) June 27 in Iowa.
Winless in six starts since capturing last fall's Super Derby (gr. II), My Pal Charlie is the 120-pound high weight for the $300,000 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker Handicap (gr. II) on June 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome