Grade II winner Shadow Caster has been retired and will enter stud at Sherwood's Farm and Equine Nursery, owned by Patti and Bart Sherwood, near Seguin, Texas.
Say Florida Sandy rebounded Saturday from a fifth-place finish in the Westchester Handicap (gr. III) last weekend to win Aqueduct's $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths over a troubled Delaware Township. The win is the third from six starts on the current year for the 7-year-old New York-bred.
Peeping Tom captured the $107,300 Toboggan Handicap at Aqueduct Saturday, edging Say Florida Sandy by a half-length after a hard-fought stretch duel. It was the second straight win in the race for jockey Shaun Bridgmohan, who last year rode Brutally Frank to victory.
Breeders' Cup Sprint notes for Tuesday, Oct. 31
Delaware Township earned his first graded stakes win Saturday at Belmont Park, defeating Bevo by 1 1/2 lengths in the $250,000 Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II).
Shadow Caster, the longest shot in the field for the Forego Handicap (gr. II) at Saratoga, zipped through the stretch to stun graded stakes winners Intidab and Successful Appeal, winning Wednesday's feature race by a length. Those two rivals, along with Iron Punch, followed Shadow Caster over the line and forced a photo for second, won by Intidab.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds