Just a Way, who won just two of his first 15 career starts, showed he has left those days behind as he easily won the $5 million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) March 29 at Dubai.
Sunday Racing Company's Orfevre became the first horse in five years to win the first two legs of the Japanese Triple Crown when he won the Japanese Derby (Jpn-I) before a crowd of 82,240 May 29 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Little Amapola burst to the lead with 200 yards to go and defeated favored Kawakami Princess by 1 1/2 lengths in the $1.77 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint