Just a Way, who won just two of his first 15 career starts, showed he has left those days behind as he easily won the $5 million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) March 29 at Dubai.
Sunday Racing Company's Orfevre became the first horse in five years to win the first two legs of the Japanese Triple Crown when he won the Japanese Derby (Jpn-I) before a crowd of 82,240 May 29 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Little Amapola burst to the lead with 200 yards to go and defeated favored Kawakami Princess by 1 1/2 lengths in the $1.77 million Queen Elizabeth II Commemorative Cup (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work