Secret Circle's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) win helped his dam sell for $675,000 at Keeneland Nov. 8.
David C. Parrish Jr., an important player in the horse business and insurance business in Central Kentucky, died May 2 in Paris, Ky., because of complications from Parkinson's disease.
After 60 years of waiting David Parrish, whose family owns and operates the Clay Ward Agency and Indian Creek Farm, near Paris, Ky., received a Silver Star from the United States government for his distinguished service during World War II. U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) presented the award May 26 during a special ceremony on the Bourbon County courthouse steps.
Most Popular Stories
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Frat Brothers Team Up on Lawn Ranger
- Baffert Hopes Luck Turns with One Lucky Dane
- Breeders' Cup News Update for Oct 30, 2014
- Leading Edge Heads Princess Elizabeth