Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Old Friends at Kentucky Downs, a joint venture between the Georgetown, Ky., Thoroughbred Retirement Facility and the Franklin, Ky. racetrack, will open its doors to the public July 17.
Unbridled Sidney, Churchill Downs turf course record holder at five furlongs, makes her first start in six months Friday when she faces males in the $150,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at her favorite distance.
Rodney J. Winkler's Colorado homebred The Nth Degree seized the lead less than 100 yards from the wire and tenaciously held on for a neck victory in the $110,200 Shakertown (gr. III) for sprinters on the Keeneland turf Sunday.
Sgt. Bert, who holds Keeneland's 5 1/2-furlong course record, is among the eight sprinters who will meet in the $100,000-added Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 15, a 5 1/2-furlong race on turf.
Outsider Sgt. Bert set a Keeneland course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf Sunday while winning the $114,600 Woodford Stakes for the second year in a row.
Australian-bred Man of Illusion, third most recently in the Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in Friday's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Nine sprinters, topped by graded stakes winners Bwana Charlie and Level Playingfield, will contest Saturday's $250,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland. All starters carry 118 pounds in the six furlong test.
Mighty Beau, runner-up to Lydgate in the 2004 renewal of $100,000-added Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), leads the line-up in the five-furlong turf sprint for older horses Friday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days