Rock Fall continued his dazzling win streak and stepped up to the top level with a game performance in the $350,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 at Saratoga Race Course, edging grade I winner The Big Beast.
Rock Fall earned his fifth straight victory and first graded stakes win June 5, taking the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) by 3 3/4 lengths at Belmont Park.
Broken Sword, taking full advantage of big trouble for even-money favorite Fiftyshadesofhay on the first turn, led at every call to upset the $150,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Dec. 7 on the Cushion Track at Hollywood Park.
A bay colt by Unbridled's Song consigned by De Meric Sales, agent, attracted a final bid of $330,000 to top the first of two sessions at Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic 2-year-olds In training sale in Timonium, Md., on May 20.
A Smart Strike filly fetched $700,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Florida select 2-year-olds in training sale March 25. Consigned by Hartley/DeRenzo Thoroughbreds, agent, she was bought by Nat Rea's Regis Farms.
The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale improved its performance from a year ago in two key areas Feb. 7 in Lexington. The median price rose 7% and the buy-back rate dropped to 22.3% from 28.9% in 2010
A striking Indian Charlie yearling filly became the most expensive horse sold so far during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale in Lexington when she commanded $245,000 during the auction's second hour Feb. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Danzing Candy, Trojan Nation Train in KY
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College