Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia fired three placing judges who called the wrong order of finish for the second race Sept. 9, according to head state steward Danny Wright.
In the race immediately preceding the Preakness (gr. I) at Pimlico Saturday, eight older horses will contest the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) over nine furlongs.
Grade I winner Gygistar has been established as likely favorite against nine others in the $100,000 Charles H. Hadry Stakes, one of five stakes on the undercard at Pimlico Saturday where the featured race is the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorail Dash (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru