Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia fired three placing judges who called the wrong order of finish for the second race Sept. 9, according to head state steward Danny Wright.
In the race immediately preceding the Preakness (gr. I) at Pimlico Saturday, eight older horses will contest the $100,000 William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) over nine furlongs.
Grade I winner Gygistar has been established as likely favorite against nine others in the $100,000 Charles H. Hadry Stakes, one of five stakes on the undercard at Pimlico Saturday where the featured race is the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorail Dash (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation