Silver Max ran legitimate fractions early and had plenty left to finish up late in the $245,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 31 at Saratoga Race Course.
Last year's Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) winner Silver Max flashed speed from the gate to add the July 28 Oceanport Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth to his portfolio for trainer Dale Romans and owners Mark Bacon and Dana Wells.
Multiple graded stakes winner Silver Max was the class of the $62,415 Opening Verse Stakes June 1 at Churchill Downs, and moving the race off the turf didn't give the 4-year-old gelding any trouble.
Front-running Silver Max, staked to an uncontested lead by Shaun Bridgmohan, cruised to a two-length victory in the $125,000 Arlington Classic May 26 at Arlington Park for his fourth consecutive win.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Gutsy Lankan Rupee Makes All in Manikato
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC
- Winery to Sponsor BC Juvenile Fillies
- Migliore Elected to TRF Board of Directors
- Pedigree Analysis: Pivotal Point
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card