A Kentucky state judge ordered April 8 that a lien placed on the purse winnings from Einstein's victory in the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) be released, and directed the funds be given to a court-appointed receiver overseeing the financial affairs of Midnight Cry Stable, which is operated by recently-convicted disbarred attorneys Shirley Cunningham Jr. and William Gallion.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test