A Lemon Drop Kid filly brought the top price of $375,000 during phase I of the dispersal of the late Carl Lizza Jr.'s Flying Zee Stable Oct. 26 at Fasig-Tipton's Newtown Paddocks complex in Lexington.
Mike Recio will help direct bloodstock services and client relations for the Paris, Ky.-based Hidden Brook Farm, it was announced Feb. 10.
Musket Man made a successful return in his first start since back-to-back third-place finishes in the first two legs of last year's Triple Crown, winning the Super Stakes by a half-length at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 6.
Lexington-based McMahon Bloodstock and Hidden Brook Farm in Paris are involved in a cooperative effort to bolster business for their individual companies during a time of economic challenges.
Buyers and consignors discuss the market at the Keeneland September yearling sale during first four days, but especilly during the third and fourth sessions.
On top of America's economic woes, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) might have to deal with a tropical storm or hurricane during its yearling sale, which is scheduled for Aug. 18-21 in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Filly’s Price Tag is Right for the Prices
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming