A Lemon Drop Kid filly brought the top price of $375,000 during phase I of the dispersal of the late Carl Lizza Jr.'s Flying Zee Stable Oct. 26 at Fasig-Tipton's Newtown Paddocks complex in Lexington.
Mike Recio will help direct bloodstock services and client relations for the Paris, Ky.-based Hidden Brook Farm, it was announced Feb. 10.
Musket Man made a successful return in his first start since back-to-back third-place finishes in the first two legs of last year's Triple Crown, winning the Super Stakes by a half-length at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 6.
Lexington-based McMahon Bloodstock and Hidden Brook Farm in Paris are involved in a cooperative effort to bolster business for their individual companies during a time of economic challenges.
Buyers and consignors discuss the market at the Keeneland September yearling sale during first four days, but especilly during the third and fourth sessions.
On top of America's economic woes, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) might have to deal with a tropical storm or hurricane during its yearling sale, which is scheduled for Aug. 18-21 in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David