Honor Code returned a winner following a layoff of more than eight months Nov. 22 at Aqueduct Racetrack, rallying from sixth at mid-stretch to score impressively while in hand for jockey Javier Castellano.
A weanling filly by Tapit brought $3 million Nov. 5 to set a record price for a weanling of either sex sold at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale or at any auction in North America.
Multiple graded stakes winner Noble Tune, a half brother to grade II winner Honor Code, has been retired from racing and will launch his stud career later this year in South Africa when the Southern Hemisphere season begins.
As a son of A.P. Indy, Honor Code should have no problems with stamina, nor is there much concern as to whether he will train on at 3.
Honor Code proved a popular winner of the 100th renewal of the $400,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 30 when he battled back along the inside to nip Nashua Stakes (gr. II) winner Cairo Prince in a terrific finish at Aqueduct.
Champagne Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Honor Code will bypass the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in favor of the $250,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey said Oct. 10.
Favored Noble Tune, saving all the ground for Javier Castellano, fired through an opening along the hedge to register an easy victory in the $234,200 American Turf Stakes (gr. IIT) May 3 at Churchill Downs.
More Than Pretty, with Calvin Borel aboard, took to the turf in her first try and rallied in the final stages for a one-length victory over the late charging Handlewoman in Saturday's $117,700 Open Mind for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets
- Tonalist Surges to Win Westchester Stakes
- Private Zone Delivers in Churchill Downs