As a son of A.P. Indy, Honor Code should have no problems with stamina, nor is there much concern as to whether he will train on at 3.
Honor Code proved a popular winner of the 100th renewal of the $400,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 30 when he battled back along the inside to nip Nashua Stakes (gr. II) winner Cairo Prince in a terrific finish at Aqueduct.
Champagne Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Honor Code will bypass the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in favor of the $250,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack, Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey said Oct. 10.
Favored Noble Tune, saving all the ground for Javier Castellano, fired through an opening along the hedge to register an easy victory in the $234,200 American Turf Stakes (gr. IIT) May 3 at Churchill Downs.
More Than Pretty, with Calvin Borel aboard, took to the turf in her first try and rallied in the final stages for a one-length victory over the late charging Handlewoman in Saturday's $117,700 Open Mind for 3-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes