A Street Cry colt was the first seven-figure transaction at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale when he brought a final bid of $1.2 million from Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock agent John Ferguson.
Daijin, herself a multiple stakes winner and the producer of stakes winners Handpainted and Serenading, was euthanized after complications from foaling.
Juddmonte Farms' homebred Champs Elysees is the first U.S.-based runner to win the Sovereign Award's Horse of the Year title since 1995.
Serenading, who won the Nov. 26 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, has been retired from racing.
John and Glen Sikura's Serenading drew away from Morena in midstretch to win the the $160,950 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) by three lengths on Thanksgiving Day at Churchill Downs.
Two grade III stakes to be contested on Polytrack -- the $150,000 Arlington Matron and the $100,000 Hanshin Cup -- join with a pair of top-notch grass events to provide a quality afternoon of racing at Arlington Park on May 23.
Third in the Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) a year ago, Donald Adam's homebred Indescribable was much the best in the 2009 running of the $100,000 event, as she pulled away in the stretch to win by 2 1/4 lengths April 17 at Keeneland.
Bear Now eclipsed $1 million in career earnings with a front-running victory as the odds-on choice in the $154,614 Ontario Matron Stakes at Woodbine July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers