A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Look Back: Shuvee Completes a Filly Triple Crown
- Leatherbury, Maryland Racing Mourn Ben's Cat