A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Ward Fillies Work at Arlington for Royal Meet
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure
- Mubtaahij Breezes Easy at Belmont Park
- Ol' Fashion Gal Fends Off Late Run in Selene
- Ashleyluvssugar No Fluke in Whittingham
- Stewart Pleased with Tale of Verve at Belmont
- Solow, Queen's Jewel Win at Longchamp
- Main Sequence to Defend United Nations Title
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill