A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever