A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Gulfstream Announces Summer Stakes Program
- Stryker Phd Named Washington Horse of Year
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale