A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third