A half brother to Mine That Bird was bought for $250,000 by Jerry Crawford, manager of Donegal Racing, at Keeneland Sept. 16. He was consigned by Bona Terra Stud, agent for Halecky and Needham.
A Smart Strike filly, the second yearling of the day to bring $550,000 was bought by investment manager George Bolton from Gainesway, agent for Stonestreet Thoroughbred Holdings.
Following the first few days of Book Two horses being offered under a new format at the Keeneland September yearling sale, buyers and consignors had a chance to reflect on the positives and negatives of the change.
A $550,000 Smart Strike colt fetched $550,000 during the Sept. 16 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Bought by Bradley Weisbord, for Ahmed Zayat's Zayat Stables, he was consigned by Gainesway, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- TOBA June Member of the Month
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds