Grade III winner September Secret has been retired, owner/trainer Mike Machowsky said, and will likely be bred this year. The 4-year-old daughter of Our Emblem finished fourth in the Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park in her last start May 11.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
- By Steve Haskin
So, who's going to set the pace in Saturday's $500,000 Suburban Handicap? With only five horses expected to be entered, it appears obvious that someone is going to have to deviate from his normal running style to prevent all five horses from running head and head most of the way.
September Secret, a daughter of leading sire Our Emblem, wins the Railbird Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand