Grade III winner September Secret has been retired, owner/trainer Mike Machowsky said, and will likely be bred this year. The 4-year-old daughter of Our Emblem finished fourth in the Genuine Risk Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park in her last start May 11.
Fog City Stable's favored Spring Meadow held off fast-closing Brisquette by a head to win Saturday's $125,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
- By Steve Haskin
So, who's going to set the pace in Saturday's $500,000 Suburban Handicap? With only five horses expected to be entered, it appears obvious that someone is going to have to deviate from his normal running style to prevent all five horses from running head and head most of the way.
September Secret, a daughter of leading sire Our Emblem, wins the Railbird Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale