Unzip Me will be heavily favored on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 2 when seeking a repeat victory in the $100,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares.
Upstart Separate Forest opened a substantial lead in her stakes debut and refused to give way to heavy favorite Unzip Me to win the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck at Santa Anita.
Top female turf sprinter Unzip Me will attempt to become the third horse at Santa Anita since 1990 to carry 127 pounds to victory as the heavy favorite in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 9.
A complaint against Southern California trainer Doug O'Neill has been filed by the California Horse Racing Board alleging that a horse in O'Neill's care raced on an illegal non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug last month.
Jockey Russell Baze, horse racing's ultimate blue collar warrior, reached new heights Aug. 14 with his unprecedented 11,000th career win. Appropriately, the victory came at the Sonoma County Fair in Santa Rosa, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Concern, Tuscalee Inducted into Maryland Hall
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree