Unzip Me will be heavily favored on Santa Anita's hillside turf course Jan. 2 when seeking a repeat victory in the $100,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares.
Upstart Separate Forest opened a substantial lead in her stakes debut and refused to give way to heavy favorite Unzip Me to win the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck at Santa Anita.
Top female turf sprinter Unzip Me will attempt to become the third horse at Santa Anita since 1990 to carry 127 pounds to victory as the heavy favorite in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 9.
A complaint against Southern California trainer Doug O'Neill has been filed by the California Horse Racing Board alleging that a horse in O'Neill's care raced on an illegal non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug last month.
Jockey Russell Baze, horse racing's ultimate blue collar warrior, reached new heights Aug. 14 with his unprecedented 11,000th career win. Appropriately, the victory came at the Sonoma County Fair in Santa Rosa, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby