A trio trained by Jerry Hollendorfer heads a list of 23 3-year-olds nominated for the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) Feb. 18 at Golden Gate Fields.
Favored Russian Greek rallied from last on the far turn to register a one-length victory in the $100,520 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 14.
Russian Greek, who overcame a stumble at the start to win the Gold Rush Stakes last month, is the 122-pound high weight for his return to Golden Gate Fields in the $100,000 California Derby Jan. 14.
Undefeated Secret Circle, winner of the inaugural Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint two months ago, will make his first attempt around two turns for trainer Bob Baffert in the $100,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III).
Willcox Inn looks to wrap up his 2011 campaign with his first victory outside of Illinois when he squares off against a full field of 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. I) Nov. 27.
Grade II stakes-placed El Nino sired his initial winner when his son Senor Rain scored at Del Mar Aug 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa