Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride