Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment