Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill