Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah