Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown