Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill