Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Daddy Does Best