Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Jockey Maria Thornton Gets First Victory
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally