Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis
- Kentucky Downs Plans KTDF Purse Increase