Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes