Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam