Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed