Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- Close Hatches Bids for Perfection at Saratoga