Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work