Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup