Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
German invader Senex, a winner of just one previous race in 13 tries, surprised his rivals with a convincing 2 1/2-length victory in the $534,204 Gran Premio di Milano (Ity-I) at Milan's San Siro racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000