The Racing Post reports that the Aga Khan's Sendawar has been retired from racing and that Montjeu has suffered a "training setback" and may miss his scheduled start in Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I). According to the Post, Giant's Causeway may now substitute for Montjeu in the Irish race.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir won the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) by three lengths over Sendawar Sunday at Deauville.
Last Saturday's Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) winner Crimplene will race again on Sunday when she faces top males, including 1999 French Two Thousand Guineas (Fr-I) winner Sendawar, in the one-mile Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville, according to Sporting Life.
Most Popular Stories
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Salute the Sarge to E.A. Ranches in Calif.
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess