The Racing Post reports that the Aga Khan's Sendawar has been retired from racing and that Montjeu has suffered a "training setback" and may miss his scheduled start in Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I). According to the Post, Giant's Causeway may now substitute for Montjeu in the Irish race.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir won the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) by three lengths over Sendawar Sunday at Deauville.
Last Saturday's Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) winner Crimplene will race again on Sunday when she faces top males, including 1999 French Two Thousand Guineas (Fr-I) winner Sendawar, in the one-mile Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville, according to Sporting Life.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Tillson Joins Spendthrift Farm Team
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze