The Racing Post reports that the Aga Khan's Sendawar has been retired from racing and that Montjeu has suffered a "training setback" and may miss his scheduled start in Saturday's Irish Champion Stakes (Ire-I). According to the Post, Giant's Causeway may now substitute for Montjeu in the Irish race.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir won the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) by three lengths over Sendawar Sunday at Deauville.
Last Saturday's Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I) winner Crimplene will race again on Sunday when she faces top males, including 1999 French Two Thousand Guineas (Fr-I) winner Sendawar, in the one-mile Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville, according to Sporting Life.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team