Charles Wait, president of the Adirondack Trust Company in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., has resigned from his position on the New York Racing Association's board of trustees, citing his dissatisfaction with the position of Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno as the main reason for his decision.
- By Esther Marr
The American Horse Council and some of its member organizations have initiated a new direct grassroots effort called the Congressional Cavalry Program. The purpose of the program is to identify at least one member of the American Horse Council in each Congressional District across the nation who will agree to contact his or her Representative, Senator, or other federal officials when horse industry issues come up.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- BH 100: Commemorates
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- Laoban Works Toward Return